Thursday, January 19, 2012

TGIFF is HERE!!!

 Welcome everyone!!!
Today I am honored to be hosting Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday.




Well, let's get right to it.

I have been having trouble getting back into the swing of things in the new year.
But I do have a big finish, or at least a big one for me.
I have joined my first Bee this year.

 
(there's still room if you want to join.)

I was asked to make a tree block.
That was about all the direction we were given.
So here it is:

(If you look closely you can see it needs a tad bit more work)
This is my first Bee, first time using stabilizer, first time making something for another sewer/ quilter....
A lot of firsts.
I really do like how it turned out though.

Go ahead and link up you finishes.
Then sit back and check out what everyone else was busy doing this week.

I am getting ready to snuggle in, as we will be in a winter storm watch tonight through tomorrow.
Here's to staying warm.

-luv-
KristyLou

16 comments:

  1. Oh man I love this, great job, I love that you put the trunk on top of the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunni will love that! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on all your firsts, aren't they a blast?! Your tree looks fantastic!

    Sadly, I have no finishes to link up this week but I do have a whole lot of WIPs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I love the colous and the trunk on top is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great!! I'm iced in here in the PNW too. Guess it's that time of year!! Stay safe (and warm).

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is SO cute! Whoever is lucky enough to receive it is going to LOVE it! :o)

    This is my first time joining in on TGIFF. Thanks so much for hosting today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tree is great, I love the way you can look at it and see the vibrant tree, or look with different eyes, and see the sunset behind the bare branches. I expect Sunni will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE that block, KristyLou! The colours for the canopy are great and the three trunk makes them pop. Great job! Thanks for hosting TGiFF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like it too!! Great colours and I just love the flowing branches and roots of the tree! Congratulations on your first bee block :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love that block! What a great "first"!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tree is awesome,I have one in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is amazing!! I love it - the tree trunk and branches are perfect. Thanks for linking up to Sew & Tell!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love your tree! making one has been on my mind for months. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. KristyLou...this is just Gorgeous!!! I really love the colors. Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job on your tree for Sunni!

    ReplyDelete