Wednesday, February 1, 2012

January Bee Block

Yes, it is February.
And yes, I did just finish my Stash Bee block.
I have a good reason why I procrastinated for so long.... kind of.
First if all, remember this block
Oh how I loved that block.
But it wasn't meant to be.
You see, when I posted about it, I had made it all, including using Heat N Bond.
A first for me.
I had zig-zagged around the patchwork with no problem.
In this photo you can see I started around the trunk.
At this point, my thread had broke and I NEEDED to post a finish.

Ok, so following that I broke a lot of thread, I gunked up a billion needles, and I HATED Heat N Bond.
Only then did it occur to me that "How could I hate Heat N Bond so much, and others love it so much?"
So I did some research (i.e. read the package)
I can tell you why... because I soon discovered (as it says on the package that I did not read) that I bought NO SEW Heat N Bond.... and then I sewed it!!!!

I was soooo sad that I could not finish this and I had to throw it away.
So sad.
But alas, I did. throw it away.
Here is the new one (which I love almost as much), and what will be put in the mail tomorrow...



In case you are interested, I used these markers for the siggy block...

I had many lessons learned on this.
So sorry to Sunni that it is late.
For this, I deserve for everyone to send my bee blocks late when it is my month!!!

-luv-
KristyLou



3 comments:

  1. You did such a great job KristyLou!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I have done that, too. Glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't read the packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no :( That sucks. The second one is just as cute though!!

    ReplyDelete